Saturday 13 June 2009

Being Unreasonable

My bad-beat rant reminded me of a guiding principle. Sir Winston Churchill, as ever, expressed it perfectly: success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. I have also heard of how to get a “yes”: go for as many “no”s as possible – the world record if necessary.

Failure is more of a fear than an actuality. You can't point to it; you can't see it. Just like success, it doesn't really exist. It’s what we make of a situation. In my case it’s all grist to the blog mill. What would I write if I didn't fail? Who wants to read yet another success story?

Bring it on! I’m going back to the tables. (And the twitching.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License

This work by Andy Gibb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. It also uses Google Analytics and so creates tracking cookies and collects non-identifiable data about you.