Monday 8 June 2009

A Dither

The closing date for the Bridport Prize is at the end of this month. I have just unearthed a flyer from my pending folder and realise that I have a ready story, penned but never submitted for the British Science Fiction Association. I need to trim 700+ words and therein lies a problem. No amount of tinkering will do it; I need to lose an entire scene or at the very least several beats.

I may toy with it for a few days. I’m also not sure that the Bridport is the right competition. The piece is SF and may need an SFate audience to get what's going on. Too clever by half, eh? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License

This work by Andy Gibb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. It also uses Google Analytics and so creates tracking cookies and collects non-identifiable data about you.