Tuesday 16 June 2009

Landmark Forum

I can't go for long without mentioning this. It is the reason why I’m where I am today instead of stuck in a job that was killing me – a programmer’s job and a programmed life. Everything I did was driven by the past, by what had been drummed into me, by parents, by school, by being British, by being human. I was not living the way that was natural for who I really was.

I needed a holiday from squirming into what I discovered in the end was a self-imposed straightjacket. Oh yes, I had all that input driving me but ultimately I was choosing how to respond. The only pity is that it took me 47 years to find out; the best part is that the holiday is for the rest of my life. Makes kind of sense to start that as soon as possible, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License

This work by Andy Gibb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. It also uses Google Analytics and so creates tracking cookies and collects non-identifiable data about you.