Saturday 20 June 2009

Year Bird 540

The list has stagnated for three weeks since last month’s yellow wagtail but my visit to Tesco paid dividends today. The route there takes me through the bottom end of Oakenshaw Wood, where I managed to identify the briefest, almost chickadee-like, buzz of a marsh tit’s call. The wonder is that it’s taken me three months of being back from Australia to find the bird: we even get them on the feeders here in the winter.

A quick walk round the local fields later on brought me one stock dove – a species I've not seen in the Walkwood area. I rounded the day off with a pint of Wadworth’s Lily the Pink at the Bramley – most efficacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License

This work by Andy Gibb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. It also uses Google Analytics and so creates tracking cookies and collects non-identifiable data about you.